MDTools 760 for Autodesk Inventor is getting close with a new interesting feature: Compare Manifolds.
From a designer perspective, when you do a revision table of a manifold you take note of all the features changed and you can hardly do it automatically. From a manufacturer prespective, if you already machined a manifold and need to do a new one that is only slightly different, it is much more convenient if you could know only what has changed from part 1 to part 2.
With ‘compare manifold’ feature MDTools can read 2 MDTools manifolds and check for:
- manifold material
- manifold size
- mounting holes face
- extra or missing cavities between manifold A and B
- changed faces between same cavities (i.e. your customer asked to move a components away from a face)
- changed positions (i.e. a cavity has been only moved)
- changed cavities (i.e. you replaced a VC10-2 cavity with a VC12-2)
- changed drill depth, inclination, diameter
- missing engravings
- moved engraving
To identify cavities MDTools can use Component IDs (to look from the designers’ point of view) or Machining IDs (for the Manufacturers’ perspective)